A few nights ago, while sharing my bed with Gabriel, I dreamed I was giving him a bath. Sitting outside our white tub, I let his fawny little body splash around for a while. I noticed something between the crook of the tub and the floor, and bent down to see a large, brown wolf spider. I picked it up, trying to keep it away from Gabriel, and brought it closer to my face. Every detail was terribly clear, and then I woke up already sitting upright with my hands frantically trying to find the spider within my white bed sheets.
---------
Last night, I dreamed I was trapped in some dark, closed room. The floor was uneven and bumpy, and a strange, teal light was somewhat muted behind the black walls. I was standing in the middle, and surrounded by four different creatures. In each corner, some poisonous animal sat, waiting. I remember a large coral snake and something like a monitor lizard there, but can't recall the other two. Knowing I had to do something to escape, I leaped full-bodied onto the snake, whose size seemed to grow rapidly under my weight. Soon, I could feel his body had swollen to the size of my own underneath my belly. I held onto the top of his head, which was thrashing about madly, and squeezed him still with my legs. He quickly shrank back to normal size, and, with a firm thumb holding his mouth fast, I paced out of the room and into the daylight.
Through my front door we walked, where the tall grass in the yard was hiding more creatures. Small mice and voles darted around threateningly, and I pried open the snakes mouth and shot his venom towards them. We kept walking through the carport, but as I looked up at one of our dead, potted plants still hanging from the eave, I began to taste his poison in my mouth. I tried to spit it out, but the bitter taste refused to go away. I walked to the backyard, thinking of nothing but mushrooms (perhaps some sort of antidote?) and woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment