Sunday, November 28, 2010

Barracks & Metal Teeth.

Nov. 09, 2010: Last night’s dreams were too strange to make sense of. Gabriel fell asleep crying, which may have had something to do with the uneasy dreams I slipped into…

I was in a large room, a supermarket/ barracks type place with white linoleum floors and white walls. It was separated by a big, beige partition (maybe two of them) and the atmosphere was happy, relaxed. There were many people there, and we all knew each other. I think it was some sort of club or team. I was following around a brown dachshund with long hair who had six legs. This seemed normal, for he was so long and quite saggy in the middle, but I asked her owner, a guy who looked like an old military friend, why. He told me that she actually only had four legs, and one of the extra ones was a tail and the other was dead. When I looked at her rear legs, one was indeed a tail, and the other looked like two legs wrapped together, deformed and not moving on its own, though it didn’t affect her stride.

I was following the dog around, through short aisles and past other people, playing in leisure. Somebody new showed up with a foot-high fake Christmas tree and grabbed something out of one of our cardboard boxes. I looked around, puzzled and amused, at the others. Another stranger came in and did something to a large television we had perched on a wooden box. It all seemed very confusing and entertaining, but I can’t remember the details…

I noticed a hole in the wall next to the door one of the men entered, and looked through. I saw Jack (from Lost!) standing on the other side, facing me. He wasn’t himself, though. Another man was doing something to Jack with a small, projector-like machine and Jack looked like a fuzzy, white-glowing digital image. Something was terribly wrong, I knew. I climbed through the hole (that was cut in the shape of a man’s shoulders and head) and grabbed him. At this point I became Kate from the show. Jack slumped into my arms, unconscious and still lit with the unreal white light. I dragged him to the end barracks (a row of bunk beds behind one of the partitions), and quietly laid him in bed. At the same time, on the other end of the row of beds, I saw somebody had entered the room. I knew he was somebody bad, and that he was looking for somebody he wanted to kill. I whispered to Jack to stay in bed and act like he was asleep (which was easy for him seeing as he was still unconscious). I covered him in a large, white blanket and watched as the stranger’s torso and legs walked along, and eventually into the next room. I tried to climb into the bunk above Jack’s, but it wasn’t supported by anything and swung around madly.

I switched to another person, a twenty-something man with sandy red hair who was sitting on the floor a few rooms down from the barracks. I was crouched on the ground staring at the door with a gun in my hand, waiting. Somebody came running in, and we both screamed in terrified triumph to find one another, but realized a heartbeat too late that we were both mistaken. I aimed to kill, but before I could, a horrible metal mouthpiece, spiked and bloody, came falling out of his mouth, and the scene slowed down. I could see the shock on his face as he remembered using some foul contraption earlier that was now clawing away at his bowels. I covered my head with my arms as his body erupted in a shower of blood.

Something more happened before I woke up, but I can’t remember it now…

No comments:

Post a Comment