Saturday, July 2, 2011

Three-year-old Dreams.

Gabriel has been dreaming about flying, happy pigs lately. He also told me a few days ago that he had a dream with nice snowmen with hats on. When he was about two, I began asking him what he saw while he slept. For the first six months or so, he always said he dreamed about the ocean. Each morning, I would roll over and have a small conversation with a fellow sleepy-eyed soul and he would laugh or furrow his eyebrows as I told him about my dreams. After I finished, he would always say, "I saw the ocean. Water, water." A lot of my dreams involve water, and as it's a traditional symbol for emotion, I can easily understand why.

But for the last few weeks, Gabriel has been telling me, almost every morning, that he dreams of horses. One sad morning, he reported that he had a "very sad dream about horses fighting bad." Other mornings, he dreams of horses running, playing, or talking. We haven't been learning about horses or paying them any special attention, but I have had an image of horses stuck in my mind since the beginning of spring after seeing a beautiful photo online. Horses are such a sweet sign of strength and grace. Perhaps we'll have a little bit more of that in our lives someday soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment